• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 2, 2016

    Anokhi's mantras for life will get you thinking

    Art often reflects society. And so does entertainment. What we see on television mirrors everything that we see around us. Since the past few weeks we have been witnessing 'Anokhi ke mantras', the light-hearted yet practical views expressed by Anokhi from Star Plus' upcoming show 'Humko Tumse Ho Gaya Hai Pyaar Kya Karein'. She lives by her beliefs and has no qualms in expressing her views on the importance of money. Her practical views combined with her street-smart approach make Anokhi a witty yet loving character.
    Star Plus has been a pioneer in introducing different yet progressive characters who reflect the mindset of today's youth. Hence, the channel is all set to acquaint viewers with this smart girl of today's generation who will make you introspect about the realities of life. People will find it difficult to disagree with what Anokhi Tilak Mehra (played by debutant Ishani Sharma ) has to say. Here are some excerpts from our candid conversation with her:

    Just like your name you have a unique and a distinct nature. What makes you like this?I'm an effervescent girl of today's generation. Everyone calls me witty and street smart. I believe that you need money to be happy. People around me love my warm and sensitive nature but I have a practical view on why money is important in life. After all, at the end of the month you need it to pay your bills. I believe my personality, call it distinctive and unusual if you want to, (laughs), is in many ways the face of today's youth. My one-liners are a reflection of almost every young mind's mantra of life.


    Do you think that only money can buy happiness?
    I do and I've no qualms about expressing this. I am a practical person. See, it is very easy to give gyaan about how money is secondary. But ultimately, it's money that helps you get all the luxuries in life. Recently, a friend said that love is the most important thing in life. But I told her, 'Maana jodiyan upar waala banata hai par sab ye kyon poochte hain ki ladka kitna kamata hai?'

    So, you keep telling people such patey ki baat! But does your family share your view?
    Hahaha... Yes, I keep sharing my practical views — patey ki baat — always and my family knows about it. Since I'm the youngest in my family, I have always been pampered. Because we are not very well to do, my family has emphasised on the value of money. I am closest to my elder brother and he calls my beliefs 'Anokhi ke mantras' (laughs).

    Do you really think your thoughts resonate with today's youth?
    I think every person in their heart of hearts agrees that money is a very important factor in life. Everyone loves money secretly, but no one admits to it. I speak what is on everyone's mind. I represent the youth of today. They want money, fame and success and want it now. I believe that at the end of the day, whatever you do, you do it for money and there is no shame in accepting it. Whoever says money can't buy happiness didn't know where to shop!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment